For a more effortless and secure experience on our site, please consider updating your browser

Motorhomes and Go See Australia

April 16, 2004

Hiring a motorhome, or purchasing a pre-planned Self Drive Itinerary and driving in Australia is an excellent way to see the country.

You can extended your stay in Australia. sight-seeing many locations with your own accommodation and travel as you please with a hired or purchased motorhome.Motorhome

Get ready to explore Australia

There are many towns, natural formations, scenic panoramic views and other attractions to see in Australia. In the moderately populated areas, rather than travelling long distances aim to drive 150 to 200 kilometres (93-124 miles) per day. That way you get to experience Australia at a leisurely pace. In the outback however, this distance can be extended as there is often large distances between towns and attractions.

You can Pre-Plan your holiday itinery using the Plan a Trip section of the Go See Australia website.

Motorhomes are available from most capital cities or major tourist destinations. There are a large range of motorhomes to choose from to suit all tastes and needs. All vehicles are fitted with the facility to plug into electricity, and a high proportion of caravan parks have electrical outlets for motorhomes to plug into power. All accessories automatically run off 240V electricity rather then the batteries. You can then use appliances such as the television, microwave and rear airconditioning that may only run off electricity.

For safety and comfort reasons, we recommend that you choose to stay at our quality high standard Caravan Parks featured on Go See Australia. When you stay at one of our friendly Caravan Parks you can access all the latest tourist information and tap into the local knowledege the staff have of their area.

MotorhomeCaravan parks cater for all age groups, some have special activities for children, while parents just relax and possibly laze by the pool. All caravan parks have either shower blocks or ensuite sites.

Motorhome hirers generally have a 24 hour service and help line to ensure you have a trouble free holiday. You can drive your campervan or motorhome with your valid drivers license from your country of residence or a valid International drivers license. There are depots in most capital cities and one way rentals are also available here in Australia. Most roads are sealed in and around cities and towns and there are also many areas and unsealed roads to explore with 4WDs.